Advertising Week allows marketing, brand, advertising and technology professionals to come together and discuss the current state of the industry and beyond. This year’s event is September 26-30 and Blast will be supporting some of our clients who will be participating in activities throughout the week. Below is more information on the sessions and engagements that will be taking place. Some of these events are open to the public or accessible through RSVP.
While there isn’t a single theme that stands out in the span of four solid days of panels, it’s clear that gender, race equality, and LGTBQ are some of the topical issues reflected in this week’s sessions. There’s a renewed focus around these controversial topics given the recent police-related shootings and alleged discrimination.
Attendance is expected to be over 100,000, up from 95,000 in 2015. The ad-fest also saw a 64% increase in early registration for Advertising Week delegates and special events this year, compared with 2015.
- Sept. 26, 2 p.m.: OpenX Seminar, Times Center Stage
Eric Franchi, Undertone cofounder, will be speaking during the session, “The Programmatic Evolution.”
- Sept. 26-27: MMA SM2 Innovation Summit, Pier Sixty
Factual, a VIP Partner, will be holding a workshop Sept. 27 from 10:45-11:45 a.m. in the Oceanic Room.
- Sept. 26-27: IAB MIXX, Crowne Plaza Hotel – Times Square Manhattan
The 2016 IAB MIXX Conference helps to kick off Advertising Week; this year’s theme is “Advertising’s New World Order.” Blast clients Factual, Undertone and The Trade Desk will be in attendance.
- Sept. 27, 4:15 p.m.: Advertising Week Panel, ADARA Stage at Times Center Hall
Tim Sims, The Trade Desk vice president of inventory partnerships, will be speaking during the session, “Pop Up, Thumbs Down: Immersing Your Advertising Into Daily Routines.”
- Sept. 27, 7 p.m.: IAB MIXX Awards, Tao Downtown at The Maritime Hotel
The IAB MIXX Awards recognize the best in interactive marketing. Opera Mediaworks has four nominations this year spanning three categories: creative optimization ad technology, mobile – display ad, and video – interactive video ad.
- Sept. 28, 4:15 p.m.: Undertone Seminar, ADARA Stage at Times Center Hall
Sal Candela, Undertone vice president of global partnerships, will be speaking during the session, “Why Creativity Matters in the Age of Data.”
- Sept. 29, 9 a.m.: Advertising Week Panel, Lucille’s at B.B. King
Tim Sims, The Trade Desk vice president of inventory partnerships, will speak at a second session, “Best Practices for Immersive Advertising.” Branching off of his first session, “Pop Up, Thumbs Down: Immersing Your Advertising Into Daily Routines,” Sims will discuss how to successfully launch your next immersive ad campaign.
- Sept. 29, 9:45 a.m.: Advertising Week Panel, ADARA Stage at Times Center Hall
Brian Stempeck, The Trade Desk chief client officer, will speak during the session, “The Future of Video.”
- Sept. 29, 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: NYME – Future of Television, The Museum of Jewish Heritage
James Shears, The Trade Desk general manager, will be a panelist at “Advanced Advertising: The Promise and Opportunity.”
- Sept. 29, 2:00 p.m.: Undertone Workshop, Lucille’s at B.B. King
Eric Franchi, Undertone cofounder, will speaking a second time this week during the session, “Key Metrics To Guide Your Advertising Creative: What You Need To Know Right Now.”
- Sept. 29, 4:15 p.m.: Cross-Screen Roundtable Seminar, ADARA Stage at Times Center Hall
Eric Franchi, Undertone cofounder will speak once again during the session, “Telling Stories Across Screens & Programmatic TV.”